The popular Food Show for the county fair is held in the Exhibition Hall during the fair each year on Friday of the fair week.
Turn in, judging, and photos all happen in the LSCFA Fair Barn/Exhibit Hall/Office building. Turn in starts at 8 am on Friday of the fair week. All items must be turned in by 10 am.
This event helps to generate funds for the association with food entries in adult, youth and canned goods categories.
A link to the poster/rules can be found below for download.
All Grand Champion and Reserve Champion winners and the top four Blue ribbon winners in each division will be auctioned. All other blue, red, and white ribbon entries will be priced and sold starting Friday, after contest at 2:00 pm and Saturday between the hours of 8:30 am and 1:00 pm. Participants may view entries after judging is over on Friday.
ROSETTE & TOP 4 BLUE RIBBON WINNERS’ PICTURES WILL BE TAKEN FRIDAY @ 1:30 P.M.
Pick up your award ribbons by Saturday, before 12 Noon. All student auction winners will pick up their awards Saturday, after presenting their entry at the auction.
- Quick Breads (any variety with baking powder or baking soda)
- Yeast Breads (any variety with yeast)
- Canned Goods
- Elementary – Grades 1-5
- Middle School – Grades 6-9
- Senior High – Grades 9-12
Awards Per Student Division
- First Place – Blue Ribbon
- Second Place – Red Ribbon
- Third Place – White Ribbon
- Grand Champion – Rosette – 50% of Auction sale price
- Reserve Champion – Rosette – 50% of Auction sale price
- First Place (Top 4) – Blue Ribbon – 50% of Auction sale price